Add Dell 1320c Printer to Ubuntu
For the last few weeks I have been using Ubuntu rather than Windows and prefer it when I want to quickly view something, boots up much faster on my PC and netbook. But the downside was I could not get my Dell 1320c printer to work but I have now found a solution.
1. First download and install this file.
2. In Ubuntu go to System > Administration > Printing
3. Click on the Add button and expand the Network Printer selection:
4. If you have already setup your printer on the network you will see the printer in the list, select the printer and click Forward. If you have not setup the printer you will have to enter the IP address of the printer in the box in the following format – socket://192.168.1.1
5. Choose the driver which will be the FX driver you installed previously, so select FX > DocuPrint C525A.
6. Select the Memory Capacity to be 64MB and the Optional Tray Module as 250 Sheet Feeder.
7. Name the printer Dell1320c and enter the optional information if you want, click Apply.
8. Right-click on the printer and go to Properties > Printer Options under the Basic settings change the Paper Source to Tray 1:
Now you should have a working Dell 1320c printer on Ubuntu.